Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Chapter 3 : Children Who Whisper

There all four major recognizable threads :

1) The necessity for the director to be in tune with and to respect the protagonist's surplus reality-hte experiential world emerging in the play.

2) The important of "body language literacy" for the therapist.

3) The need for the therapist to reflect deeply on known historical facts in the child's life. They hold the key to recognizing the swift-flashing metaphors in the play.

4) The central importance of surprise-its role in the whole psychodrama method, as doubling, concretizing, maximizing, etc are brought into the action at significant moments.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks Seok Binn, for sharing your chapter review. I am motivated by your diligient and enthusiasm. Now I have to do my homework first before I can give you my comment.Let me read this chapter and see.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love to hear how you may apply the principles in the work that you are doing, have done or will be doing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can see you commenting on others which is great at the same time I would really like to see more reflective entries of your own. I know writing your reflection may not be your favourite past time nor your forte but I would really like to encourage you to take the risk in sharing your presence with the others. Its OK don't sweat over small stuff like spelling grammar etc just write from your heart.

    ReplyDelete